CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Five People You Meet in Heaven

Surely we have all heard of the book "Five People you Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Album. Although I have never read it, I would like to think a bit on who I would like to meet when I get to heaven.

1. First, and foremost, I want to meet the Lord. I want to hug him and feel his warmth. I want to rest in his peace and tell him thank you for my salvation.

2. My mother's father, Pawpaw. I want to tell him all that I have heard about him and let him know how much I enjoyed the family farm when I was growing up. I want to sit and talk with him about how great his kids were and how highly they spoke of him.

3. Adolf Hitler. I want to ask him why, WHY would he not even lead, but allow such carnage and destruction in Germany. I want to know what enjoyment he got out of his tyranny and if he feels sorry at all for his actions and horrific leadership.

4. Emily Dickinson. I want to tell her how famous and moving her poetry became and how important it was in my life. I want to learn from her and ask her if there were any thoughts she never had the chance to write down on paper.

5. Vincent van Gogh. I want to explain to him how I came to know his beautiful artwork and why it was so important to me. I want him to recall what his feelings and emotions were when creating such creative and moving work. I want to explain to him how absolutely elated I was everytime I had the chance to view an original of his work.


There you have it, when I finally go home, these are the folks I would like to sit a spell with and chat it up.

0 comments: